Demonstrating the enduring value of local broadcasting.
In March 2023, NAB launched new spots focused on the enduring value of local broadcasting and the commitment of TV and radio stations across the country to deliver trusted information in convenient, modern and familiar ways.
- In recognition of NAB's centennial anniversary, the spots juxtapose history with the present day to showcase how local broadcasting is continuously innovating to meet the new ways people consume news and information. The spots encourage viewers and listeners to contact their members of Congress and remind them that local broadcasting is here to stay.
- WeAreBroadcasters.com includes an introduction to broadcasting, information about broadcasters' public service impact and special features on important issues. These include an evergreen First Amendment page that celebrates broadcasters' legacy and commitment to promoting our democracy.
- Also, biweekly NAB sends a targeted communication showcasing America's Stories, a compilation of broadcasters' incredible public service, to congressional offices.
The 2023 NAB Congressional PSA Campaign promoted important messages in local communities across the country. Public service announcements filmed in NAB's state-of-the-art studio featuring over 150 members of Congress and their families were made available to local television and radio stations.
- Since 1985, this biannual program provides donated airtime on local broadcast television and radio stations for PSAs covering a variety of health, public safety and community service issues that run through the end of the year.
- Topics of the 2023 PSAs included preventative cancer screenings, suicide prevention, supporting small businesses, supporting veterans and encouraging blood donations.
- "The NAB Congressional PSA Campaign is an opportunity for legislators and local stations to share timely and important messages with millions of viewers and listeners that can positively impact their lives, families and communities," said NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt.
NAB thanks all of the members of Congress who participated in this year's program and local broadcasters for donating airtime to share critical information with their audiences.
Good to know:
For the first time, the Congressional PSA program was filmed in NAB's elite production facility, which includes a studio and media hub. The studio features a curved, 28-foot interactive video wall, energy-saving LED lighting and robotic cameras and a powerful edit suite capable of 8K post-production.
Experience more as a member. From advocacy tools and educational resources to career development opportunities, you'll enjoy an array of valuable benefits that will help you save money, grow your company's topline and expand your network with access to industry leaders.