2021 NAB Congressional PSA Program
America’s local radio and television stations raise awareness of important health, social and safety issues, and support local businesses not only during this unprecedented time, but every day.
Since 1985, the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) has invited members of Congress and their families to appear in up to two 30-second television and radio public service announcements (PSAs) that address issues of importance to local communities. In 2019, more than 300 members of Congress participated in this educational effort.
This year, NAB has produced PSAs on the following topics:
- Vaccine Education (in English and Spanish)
- Cancer Prevention
- Support for Disabled Veterans
- Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Awareness
- Support for Small Businesses
- Blood Donations (Available in most areas.)
Click Here to See the Sample PSAs and Scripts for the 2021 Program
Here’s How it Works:
- Schedule a time to record a scripted message, which NAB will include in a professionally produced PSA.
- Choose a PSA topic from the list above.
- NAB will distribute the PSA to local radio and television stations throughout your congressional district or state for airing July - Dec. 15, 2021, and provide your office with a copy.
Two Options for Tapings:
- Professional studio of your choosing. Record your script at your convenience and send us the video by February 26.
- Local television station: NAB will facilitate a taping at a local television station in your district at a time convenient to you.
To participate, simply RSVP here. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Lim at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you to shine a light on important issues impacting your constituents.
Congressional PSA Recording Guidelines
Downloadable Version Available Here
- :10 second limit for member of Congress (the remaining :18 seconds has already been recorded). NAB approved topics and scripts are available here.
- Solid black background.
- Member of Congress should be 2-3 feet from black background.
- Member of Congress should be lit with "three-point lighting."
- Footage to be filmed in HD, 1920x1080p (23.97 FPS) with professional video equipment (no smartphones).
- Audio to be recorded directly to camera or external recorder.
- Slate prior to filming should include the following information:
- Center screen, direct-to-camera, left shoulder forward, with slight turn to subject’s left (not square-shouldered into the camera).
- Shoot from the lower chest up with no microphone showing.
- Record 3 seconds of audio silence and still video on front and back of each take.
- Record at least two takes that you have reviewed and approved.
- Upload .mov or .mp4 to this Dropbox.