DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The NAB Marconi Radio Awards celebrate overall excellence in radio. Below are details on categories, entry rules, entry forms and a complete list of our 2019 past winners.
The NAB Marconi Radio Awards were established in 1989 and named after inventor and Nobel Prize winner Guglielmo Marconi. These prestigious awards recognize stations and individuals for their excellence and performance in radio.
- Legendary Station of the Year
- Legendary Manager of the Year
- Radio Station of the Year by Market Size
- Radio Personality of the Year by Market Size
- Network/Syndicated Personality of the Year
- Best Radio Podcast of the Year
The winners will be announced during the NAB Marconi Radio Awards reception on October 13 at the Radio Show, held October 13-14 at the Westgate Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas.
Entries acceptant May 1 – June 2, 2021
Only NAB member radio stations in good standing are eligible to participate in the nomination process.
- Stations and personalities who won a 2019 Marconi cannot be nominated in the same category again until 2022.
- Nominations for the "Oldies" format should be submitted under the "Classic Hits" category
- Required is an audio file (MP3, max file size 50 MB), of the radio station, on-air personality or podcast that you are nominating. Suggested length is :60 - :90. Include in the audio what you want the judge to hear about the nominee.
- Nominations for the "Non-commercial" format should be submitted under the College Station" category
- Network/syndicated personalities can be nominated by their syndicator and affiliates.
- Stations may choose to enter in a category based on their market size or their format. Stations are not eligible to compete in both categories.
- College stations may choose to compete in only one category: Station of the Year by Market Size, Station of the Year by Format, or "College Station" of the Year.
- Only one nomination per station is allowed for Personality of the Year by Market Size.
- Syndicated personalities are not eligible to enter Personality of the Year by Market size.
- Entries should not exceed 200 words.
- With the exception of the Legendary Station category, any information included in the profile regarding awards, ratings, community involvement, etc. should only pertain to achievements that occurred in 2019 and 2020.
- Collateral materials will not be accepted.
- NAB reserves the right to eliminate a category from the voting process if there is not sufficient participation during the nomination process.
- The station submitting information is liable for any and all information contained therein, and agrees to hold harmless and indemnify NAB against any and all claims or costs in that regard.
- In consideration of receipt of a NAB Marconi Radio Award, the Station's and/or the Personality of the Year's representatives at the 2021 NAB Marconi Radio Awards presentation hereby irrevocably grant to the National Association of Broadcasters the right to make and distribute audio and video recordings and photographs of their appearances for archival, news, promotional and other purposes.
- Entry fee: $75
Tobi Hall, Director, TV/Radio Events and Awards, National Association of Broadcasters, 202 775 3511