With the NAB media liability insurance program, you enjoy coverage tailored specifically to your business needs. The NAB program protects broadcasters against the devastating impact of lawsuits, including libel, slander, invasion of privacy, copyright and trademark infringement, contextual errors and omissions and other media related claims.
AXIS PRO, formerly known as Media/Professional Insurance, pioneered media liability business more than 30 years ago. Today, AXIS PRO is a leading specialist in the field. From broadcasting to publishing to multimedia and cyberliability, AXIS PRO underwriters have unmatched experience in the field of media insurance. AXIS PRO's industry-leading claims department features superbly skilled First Amendment and intellectual property attorneys complemented by access to an outstanding network of legal resources, including the most qualified law firms worldwide.
With the NAB program, coverage features* include:
- All-risk Coverage Agreement including libel, slander, invasion of privacy, copyright and trademark infringement and contextual errors and omissions (including bodily injury/property damage)
- Occurrence policy form (claims made policy available)
- Defense costs outside the limit of liability or within the limit of liability
- Limit of liability applicable to each loss without an annual aggregate
- Damages includes punitive damages (where allowed by law) including "most favorable venue" language
- Coverage for the broadcast (publication) of Matter and for the acquisition and gathering of Matter including newsgathering
- Incidental publishing coverage included
Optional Coverage Includes:
- Subpoena defense legal expense and indecency complaint legal expense
- Advertising services errors and omissions
- Mitigation expense
- Technology services errors and omissions
- Cyberliability coverages for claims from an Enterprise Security Event resulting in the disclosure of protected personal information
For more information and a quote, please contact Chris Shepard at (816) 292-7277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program, customized for broadcasters, offers stations comprehensive coverage, including property (towers and equipment), general liability, crime, auto and umbrella capabilities.
Member Benefits automatically include:
- Newly added coverage: Workers Compensation plans are provided for well qualified risks in select states. States ineligible for coverage are: NY, OR, ID, MT, WA, ND, OH and Washington D.C.
- The agent or broker of your choice — AmWINS will work with
any licensed broker or agent that you do business with
- Priority handling for quotes, renewals and endorsements
- $50,000 of coverage for business income and extra expense included automatically; higher limits available
- $50,000 of coverage for mobile equipment included automatically; higher limits available
- General Liability limits apply per location
- 50 percent savings to members if they qualify as a minimum premium account
- Enhanced auto coverage — members will receive the broadest form available where permitted by law
For more information, please contact Laurie McKenzie at (704) 749-2736.
AmWINS Risk Reporter: Market Update
Are you sure you have the right coverage?
Avoid losses within your business during natural disasters by becoming familiar with your policy coverage. Incurred costs that reduce your business interruption loss may be covered under extra expense. Learn more about protecting your business during severe weather seasons.