Insurance Programs for NAB Members
NAB works in conjunction with AXIS PRO, the global leader in media liability insurance.
With the NAB insurance program, you enjoy coverage tailored specifically to your business needs. The NAB program protects broadcasters against the devastating impact of lawsuits – including libel, slander, invasion of privacy, copyright and trademark infringement and similar claims.
AXIS PRO, formerly known as Media/Professional Insurance, pioneered the media liability business more than 25 years ago. Today, AXIS PRO is the number one specialist in the field. From publishing to broadcasting to cyber liability, AXIS PRO underwriters have unmatched experience in the world of media insurance. AXIS PRO's industry-leading claims department features superbly skilled First Amendment and intellectual property attorneys complemented by access to an outstanding network of legal resources, including the most qualified law firms worldwide.
With the NAB Program, your station is covered for:
- Punitive damages insured up to the policy limit (where allowed by law)
- Contextual errors and omissions (E and O), to include bodily injury/property damage (BI/PD) claims arising from broadcast matter
- Each loss limit with no aggregate limit
- Personal injury perils coverage, to include defamation, invasion of privacy, libel, etc.
- Copyright and trademark coverage
- Newsgathering coverage
- Incidental publishing coverage
- Defense costs outside the limit of liability
Optional Coverage Includes:
- Indecency complaints and subpoena defense costs
- Regulatory Action Coverage
For more information and a quote, please contact Chris Shepard at
NAB is working with AmWINS to offer a new and enhanced broadcaster property and casualty insurance program.
This program, customized for broadcasters, offers stations comprehensive coverage, including property (towers and equipment), general liability, crime, auto and umbrella capabilities.
Member Benefits automatically include:
- The agent or broker of your choice — AmWINS will work with
any licensed broker or agent that you do business with
- Priority handling for quotes, renewals and endorsements
- $50,000 of coverage for business income and extra expense included automatically; higher limits available
- $50,000 of coverage for mobile equipment included automatically; higher limits available
- General Liability limits apply per location
- 50 percent savings to members if they qualify as a minimum premium account
- Enhanced auto coverage — members will receive the broadest form available where permitted by law
For more information, please contact Laurie McKenzie at (704) 749-2736.
AmWINS Risk Reporter: Market Update
Japan Earthquake Impact on Insurance Market
Given the unprecedented and epically tragic losses following the historic 9.0
earthquake off of Japan's coast, many clients are looking for direction in where the insurance world might be headed given the repercussions from such a large event. Most experts are stating that it is too early to tell, but there will be some fallout with rates in Europe, London and Bermuda firming and capacity decreasing in the short term.
NAB's newest member benefit is provided by Agility Recovery, offering disaster recovery and business continuity solutions to ensure broadcasters can recover from any type of disaster or interruption.
Disaster has no schedule. Nothing tests broadcasters' ability to communicate with their communities and promote their advertisers like an unforeseen disaster, occurring without warning and creating unpredictable damage.
For more than 25 years, Agility Recovery has ensured that businesses can recover from disaster. Whether it's a broken water pipe, a building fire or a natural disaster, rest assured, Agility Recovery will deliver any - or all - of the four key elements of recovery to get your business up and running.
The reality is disasters happen every day. In fact, over the past two years Agility has responded to more than 560 disaster events. As an NAB member, you receive a negotiated special rate of $420 per month. Agility can provide custom pricing solutions for members with multiple locations.
Click here to get the Agility Recovery ReadySuite fact sheet. For more information, please contact at Andre Selvyn at 720-790-4593 (office) 720-398-7687 (cell) or email@example.com, or visit www.agilityrecovery.com.