In July 2013, the National Association of Broadcasters unveiled a multiplatform public service campaign to increase understanding and awareness about mental health.
Targeted to young people ages 13 to 24 and people who know someone struggling with mental illness, the campaign aims to drive conversation around this critical issue with the message that it's okay to talk about mental health.
Television and radio stations nationwide are airing spots to encourage this conversation at OK2TALK.org – a Tumblr-based platform with important resources that encourage young adults to speak out about how they are feeling with messages of support, hope and inspiration.
OK2TALK CAMPAIGN RESOURCES
- News Release: September 19 Campaign Results
- News Release: August 28 Campaign Results
- News Release: July 23 Campaign Launch
- High-Resolution Photos
- July 23, 2013 News Conference Full Video
- Web Banners in English and Spanish
- View OK2TALK PSAs on YouTube
- Our Partners
- The White House National Campaign on Mental Health
- Mental Health Facts
- More About NAB's Commitment to Public Service
TEAM UP TOOLS
NAB has joined with EIC and others to provide resources to help journalists to encourage deeper reporting and more accurate depictions of people living with mental illness.