Use digital platforms and social media to engage your audiences on the dangers of opioid abuse.
- Share your commitment. Use these social images developed by NAB to let your audience know your station is committed to fighting opioid and heroin addiction. Feel free to customize these images with your own logo (see sample). Click here to download the customizable Photoshop (.psd) file. Be sure to link to the addiction prevention tips found here, or resources on your own website.
- Make sharing easy. Encourage viewers and listeners to share their story of hope or loss by visiting drugfree.org/stories-of-hope.
- Join the conversation. Post questions and encourage discussion on your station’s social media accounts. Use the hashtag #EndMedicineAbuse.
- Post video. Embed videos, such as Partnership for Drug-Free Kids’ “Epidemic” video, on your station’s website and share them on social media. The Partnership has more great content at YouTube.com/DrugFreeChannel. Videos include ideas on how to talk to your kids about drugs and provide information on medication-assisted treatment.
- Provide visuals. Use infographics provide facts and figures so you can share the story in a visually appealing manner.
Find further information on helping those in your community battle opioid abuse.